Feeding Directions Description:
Feeding rates will vary depending on forage quality and quantity, cow body condition, weather conditions and physiological status of the cow herd (gestation versus lactation). See chart below for ranges of feeding rates:
Forage Quality Gestation Lactation
Transitional 1-3 lbs. 3-6 lbs.
Mature (dormant) 4-6 lbs. 6-9 lbs.
Follow these management practices:
Monitor body condition of cows on a regular basis.
1. Recommended feeding rates may need to be adjusted depending on cow body condition.
2. Provide a source of fresh clean water at all times.
3. Provide a high quality Purina cattle mineral free choice.
4. Salt may be offered on a free choice basis when needed.
5. Consult your veterinarian for the recommended deworming, health and vaccination programs in