Purina Strategy Professional Formula GX Horse Feed
Purina Strategy Professional Formula GX Horse Feed is as simple and as complex as that. Simple, because the perfected-over-time formula provides 100% of the required protein, vitamins and minerals for a wide variety of horses in your barn, when fed as directed.* While there will always be individual horses with specialized nutrition and management needs, Strategy® GX meets the nutritional needs of the vast majority of horses with a single formulation. So even when your horses are in different stages of breeding or development and varying levels of performance, Strategy® GX delivers complex, balanced nutrition in a simplified feeding program.
Complex, because over the past 12+ years, Purina Animal Nutrition Center researchers have fed Strategy® GX almost 20,000 times in feeding trials and research studies to optimize palatability, growth, exercise performance, and manufacturing quality. The results and resulting optimizations make Strategy® GX the unbeatable formula it is today.
Feed Form: Pelleted
Recommended For: All ages and lifestyles
Click the tabs below to find out more about Purina Strategy Professional Formula GX Horse Feed.
Protein that performs
Designed for Healthy Appearance
Controlled Starch and Sugars
Purina® Outlast® Supplement Added to Support Proper Gastric pH
Exceptional Palatability for Consistent Nutrient Intake
Top Quality Ingredients
|Copper (Cu)||MIN||80.00 PPM|
|Zinc (Zn)||MIN||280.00 PPM|
|Vitamin A||MIN||3000 IU/LB|
|Vitamin E||MIN||125 IU/LB|
|Selenium (Se)||MIN||0.60 PPM|
|Neutral Detergent Fiber (NDF)||MAX||
|Acid Detergent Fiber (ADF)||MAX||
Feeding directions with hay or pasture. Start with the amounts given for the weight and lifestyle of the horse. After observing the horse for a period of time, the amount fed may be increased or decreased by 10% to obtain the desired body condition and weight.
|Weight of Horse in Pounds|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture* (lbs/day)||7.00||9.50||12.00||14.50||17.00|
|Strategy® Professional GX Horse Feed (lbs/day)**|
|Very Heavy Work||8.75||11.75||14.50||17.25||20.25|
|Early Gestation (first 250 days)||2.50||3.25||4.00||4.75||5.50|
|Late Gestation last 90 days)||3.50||4.75||5.75||7.00||8.00|
|Lactation (when fed separately)||7.75||10.25||12.75||15.25||17.75|
|Weaned Foal through Yearling||300||400||500||600||700|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture* (lbs/day)||3.00||4.00||6.00||7.00||8.50|
|Strategy® GX horse feed (lbs/day)***||7.50-8.50||7.75-8.75||7.25-9.5||7.75-10.25||8.00-10.25|
- Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, forage quality,climate and activity level. Feed at regular times - at least twice daily - with three daily feedings preferred. Let horses feed in a natural position from troughs with large bottoms, placed at normal head height or lower. Do not feed free-choice. Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff.
- Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse which is hot, excited or showing pain, has fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise.
- Always feed a minimum of 1.0 to 1.2 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight of good quality, clean hay or the equivalent in pasture.
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
- Have plenty of clean, fresh water available at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt. Maintain an effective control program for internal parasites. Have the horse's teeth examined annually and consult your veterinarian on a regular basis.
- Make the feed change gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old.
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1 pound per day for each horse.